Sunday 15 March 2009

Mini upswing, poker gods liked me last night

I haven't had much chance to play the last 4 weeks or so, but managed an hour or so last night.
Was playing a little LAGgy.
Tried a squeeze play with J10o, and flopped an open ended straight draw and decided to play it aggro, bet and reraised the flop, ditto the turn. the one guy in the pot with me went to the river and was most aggrieved when the 9 came and made my straight VS his top pair crap kicker.
Then on another table I saw a flop for free in the BB with 65s and again decided to barrel every street as the board was pretty draw heavy and I was only against 1 player so thought I could represent quite a few hands. He called every bet and again spat his dummy when my flush on the river beat his 2 flopped 2 pair. His passive play cost him the hand as any bet from him would have sent me running, essentially the flop had a straight and a flush draw, the turn gave a second flush draw and yet he chose to call it down, then call a river overbet to double me up.

In no way do I think my play was optimal and each time I had to hit to win, but when these guys are so passive when you do hit it is soooo worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment