Friday 20 March 2009

The EMS heads up championships

Well I signed up to play in the eatmystack heads up tournament.
EMS does loads of community events, such as a freezeout league, they have great value in added prizes but I rarely play in them as
  1. I am lousy at MTT's
  2. They are always on at inconvenient times (for me that is)
However the HU tournament is different in that once your opponent has been drawn you get a week to sort out the match at a mutually convenient time and of course the greater variance in HU means a fish like me has a reasonable chance over the short term :-)

So the draw was made and I was put up against blackshuck.
Now I can't say there are many weak players in the mix but 'shuck isn't my ideal 1st opponent. He plays much higher than I am ever likely to and has a pretty good handle on the game, go have a look on his ems blog if you want to see.
So the format is best of 3 and the 1st round went on for a while. Chip lead went both ways with neither player getting too far ahead, with eventually the luck going my way. 2nd round was much faster when my open ended straight hit on the river.
So I am through to the 2nd round, and 'shuck is into the 2nd chance bracket.

I really enjoyed the match, particularly the 1st round my next opponent is ratattack, another damn fine chap, but unfortunately another damn fine player :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment