Sunday 25 January 2009

Post one. Why am I here

Hi ho neighbours!

Ok so here is my new blog. It isnt my only blog, the other one is a bit more personal than this one. Tends to have most entries locked to people I actually know and such.
So why do I need another?
Primarily this is going to be my poker blog as most of my friends who read my personal blog are not that bothered about the game (odd that innit)?

So anyway in Jan 2009 I have hit a bit of a cash flow problem. The place where I work is owned by a group of South Africans and so their management style is a touch "hands off" Being on a separate continent and all. The upshot is that the group is failing and I haven't been paid since October. Therefore my recreational poker has hit a major stumbling block in that I can't reload. Bummer that.

So seeing as I didn't really have a huge amount held online I have decided to start a new database in Holdem Manager, and drop down to the low levels. Therefore using this time as a means to learn "proper" poker at last.

I don't play a lot so this isn't going to be a meteroric rise up the levels. This is still meant to be fun after all!

Up to this point I have been playing 5c10c mainly, with 2 short interludes at 25c50c purely to clear a bonus. I played like an absolute nit on the whole and allowed the table to provide me with my raked hands. 2 good situations allowed me to double up so Now I have quite a reasonable profit posted which will allow me to be comfortable at 5c10c with 10c20c close at hand.

Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment